This is an example of a descriptive list.
What is the Internet?
We'll look at it from these points of view.
- From a social point of view.
- Consider the Internet in terms of individuals and groups of users.
We'll focus on using the Internet for communication
and the virtual communities that have arisen in recent times.
- From a practical point of view emphasizing resources.
- Consider the Internet as a vast storehouse of information. We'll
also stress the fact that the information isn't only "on the shelf", but
that there are lots of people to answer questions and give support.
- From a technical point of view.
- Here's where we give an introduction to some of the technical
details and issues. We'll look at the Internet as a network of
networks, explain how the networks can communicate, and cover some
details about connecting to the Internet.