There must be some way out of here.
Will you be buying something at Amazon?You can help support this site by clicking on this link to take you to amazon.com. Thanks.
Tags2013 ajax A Place to Bury Strangers aptbs austin Books brooklyn coachella death by audio exploding head food google Internet interview interviews java learning obama oliver oliver ackermann onwards to the wall pedals photos political cartoons Politics programming python recipe Recipes research review reviews science searching security social media Teaching TED tools Travel uk video web 2.0 worship writing
These are my links from March 26, 2014
- The secret to making easy, artisan bread every single day | The Splendid Table – I've tried this method and it seems to work very nicely. Using the recipe we got three batches of dough (1 lb each). Made rolls with each batch. Divide a batch into 6 pieces and cook at 500 for 8-10 minutes.
- If You’ve Ever Eaten Pizza Before, This Will Blow Your Mind (Maybe Literally) – "nstead of letting you know that they are putting MSG in your food, they are using an FDA loophole to sneak processed free glutamic acid into your food, which has the same effect as MSG – all without warning you. They simply use other forms of free glutamic acid (such as Hydrolyzed Soy Protein), which is the main component of MSG. This allows them to have “clean labels” and deceive us into believing their product contains no MSG – when it actually does!"
pizza ingredients food
These are my links from March 7, 2014
- The New York Times News Minute – NYTimes.com – A one-minute video form the New York Times giving a brief view of the news of the day. A place to go when you only have a minute and want to spend it on news video.
news video new york times
- Comics at Daily Kos – A daily posting of political cartoons, some with several panels. Nice to visit to get a visual point of view on the news.
comics politics cartoons daily politics Kos
These are my links from February 6, 2014
Made this today
Apple Cranberry Nut Loaf
By newspapergal on December 01, 2004
Photo by newspapergal
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 1 hrs 20 mins
- Yield: 2 loaves
About This Recipe
“My boss makes this bread every holiday season, and it is soooo good. I couldn’t believe my life was devoid of cranberry bread before I met my boss! *note – this makes 2 loaves of bread *note2 – the bread requires 2 days of refrigeration before serving. (and it freezes really really well)”
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped nuts ( I use pecans, but walnuts would also work)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 cup apple, peeled,cored &,shredded
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Grease& flour two 9×5 loaf pans.
- Combine flour, salt& soda- sift together in medium bowl, and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs, sour cream& orange juice.
- Stir flour in until just moistened.
- Fold in cranberries, shredded apple and nuts.
- Divide mixture between prepared loaf pans; bake 50 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Bread should be golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans, then cool on rack until cool.
- Wrap each loaf tightly and store in refrigerator for 2 days before slicing, or freeze.
This recipe comes from the New York Times, http://www.nytimes.com/recipes/1014407/roasted-chicken-with-preserved-lemons.html. I’ve made it several times and it always seems to turn out luscious. The only thing I add is to put part of an onion inside the chicken before ro
- 2 3 1/2-pound chickens
- 4 preserved lemons
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut the preserved lemons into quarters and remove the rinds from the flesh, reserving both. Create a pocket between the skin and meat of each chicken breast. Slide pieces of the lemon rind, pith side down, into each pocket, two pieces per breast. Then rub the chickens with the remaining lemon flesh. Sprinkle the ground cumin over the birds and season with the salt and pepper.
- 2. Set chickens on a roasting rack in a large roasting pan and cook for 20 minutes. Remove the chickens and spread butter over the breasts, then drizzle with the honey. Lower oven temperature to 400 degrees. Roast for 30 to 50 minutes, or until the skin is a burnished brown.
- 3. Remove from oven, and allow to rest for 15 or 20 minutes.
- 4. Reduce juice from pan over medium heat. Pour over carved chicken.
These are my links from December 21, 2013
- Isa’a Rosemary Chocolate Chip Cookies – “There is something otherworldly about the rosemary-chocolate combination, and it makes these my favourite cookies in the world… They are buttery, golden, sublime, and just slightly exotic. If you haven’t tried the rosemary-chocolate combo, be prepared to fall in love.” From Isa Does It: Amazingly Easy, Wildly Delicious Vegan Recipes for Every Day of the Week.
chocolate chocolate chip rosemary cookie recipe