Suicide survivors support groups. MHAF facilitates several support groups. One is titled SOS Survivors of Suicide. As part of a marketing effort to publicize this group I’ve been looking at similar groups and related articles on the Web.
- Alliance of Hope The Alliance of Hope for Suicide Loss Survivors provides healing support for people coping with the shock, excruciating grief and complex emotions that accompany the loss of a loved one to suicide.
- Survivors of Suicide – Lost someone to suicide? Learn about survivor of suicide services, helpful ways to heal and cope with your loss and if you’ve attempted suicide, learning ways to survive and thrive.
- Survivors of Suicide Loss Our goal is to give survivors a place where they can be comfortable expressing themselves, a place to find support, comfort, resources and hope in a judgment-free environment. This organization appears to be located in San Diego and contains links to similar organizations in California.
- Suicide Loss Survivors. Books and Resources for Survivors. Links to handbooks, videos, support information.
- Understanding Survivors of Suicide Loss. An article by Deborah Serani, Psy. D., in Psychology Today. “Suicide, however, has been described as a death like no other … and it truly is. Death by suicide stuns with soul-crushing surprise, leaving family and friends not only grieving the unexpected death, but confused and lost by this haunting loss.”
Many other resources on Google.